Alex Krulikowski's ISO Geometrical Tolerancing Reference Guide is one of the most complete ISO references for geometrical tolerancing on the market. At 376 pages, this handy on-the-job resource is packed with information that will save you and your company time and money.
Click the graphic to see inside the book.
Often employees don't know ISO standards, and most training on the market today is actually ASME training passed as ISO. This doesn't take into account the rules and symbols unique to ISO. The ISO Geometrical Tolerancing Reference Guide clarifies interpreting standard-compliant technical drawings that use ISO 1101:2004 and its companion published standards. It guides the user as to which ISO standards should be referenced on a drawing and what the standards cover.
One entire section is devoted to a quick comparison of ASME and ISO standards. Other topics include:
- ISO drawing conventions
- GPS basics
- Size and boundary conditions
- Limits and fits
- The datum-system
- Form tolerances
- Orientation tolerances
- Location tolerances
- Run-out tolerances
- Profile tolerances
- General tolerances
- Workpiece edges
- Surface texture
- ISO/ASME comparison
- Non-rigid parts
- Restraint specifications
More than 15 standards were directly reviewed and more than 70 standards indirectly used in creating the book.
The time savings to you
We've done the work for you. Alex and his team of dimensional engineering mentors spent nearly a year compiling information about the ISO GPS standards. Alex Krulikowski's ISO Geometrical Tolerancing Reference Guide allows the reader to quickly and easily look up information on a topic without having to navigate through numerous ISO standards.
Drawing interpretation is easier because the tolerancing information is in one place, arranged in a logical order, with illustrations of each concept. The focus of this book is the interpretation of geometrical tolerancing.
The book includes several features to help the reader find information quickly:
- A visual index inside the front cover
- Individual table of contents for each section
- Indexed page edges for each section
- Numerous cross-references
- A comprehensive alphabetical index
- A glossary of more than 100 terms
- More than 250 end notes that reference ISO standards with clauses that
- Numerous author's comments that provide insights about concepts
- Hidden spiral-binding allows it to lay flat
- Comprehensive reference charts and drawings inside the fold-out covers
Use this one-of-a-kind reference guide to learn about ISO standards, as on-the-job resource, or as a valuable teaching aid.
The cost savings to you
Using Alex Krulikowski's ISO Geometrical Tolerancing Reference Guide can potentially save your company thousands of dollars when compared to purchasing all the standards necessary for your project. Now you can purchase just one copy of the main standard in use for your project and several copies of this guide (at a price of less than $100 each) instead of the cost of purchasing dozens of redundant copies of the standard. In fact, the cost of purchasing standards that cover the topic of position alone is more than $500.
This book is a valuable tool for: Designers, engineers,
inspectors and machinists will all appreciate the clear, compact,
and highly accessible format of this guide.
This comprehensive ISO reference guide for geometrical tolerancing clarifies how to interpret standard-compliant technical drawings that use ISO 1101:2004 and its companion published standards. It guides the user as to which ISO standards should be referenced on a drawing and what the standards cover. One entire section is devoted to a quick comparison of ASME and ISO standards. Information is logically arranged, indexed, and cross-referenced for a
quick, easy, on-the-job consultation. ISO standards information is compiled into logical charts and drawing, including reference material inside covers. References to ISO standards are provided for further study.
Format: 6.75 x 10-inch hidden spiral-bound book, 376pp.
Publisher: Effective Training Inc.
Edition Desc: 1st
- About Ordering This Product
- After clicking the order button, you'll be redirected to the SAE International customer portal for final payment. New SAE customer registration is required.
- To order by telephone, contact SAE International Customer Service at 1.877.606.7323 (U.S. and Canada only) or 1.724.776.4970 (Outside U.S. and Canada).
- Effective Training Inc. (ETI) is an SAE International company.