Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Workbook
Based on ASME Y14.5M - 1994
Online ordering redirects to the SAE International website. (Learn more.)
See sample pages
GD&T Workbook Information pdf
Spiral Binder, 204pp. ISBN:978-0-924520-13-6
Publisher: Effective Training Inc. Edition Desc: 1st
Practice interpreting GD&T on industrial drawings can help you interpret GD&T on the job. ETI’s Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Workbook, by Alex Krulikowski provides hours of practice applying GD&T skills to engineering drawings.
The 204-page workbook can be used in the classroom as a reinforcement to ETI’s Fundamentals of GD&T course. Interpreting the actual part drawings will also give students extra practice applying newly learned concepts after the class is complete. For instructors, the GD&T Workbook is designed for use with
the Fundamentals of GD&T Digital Instructor’s Kit. Click on the workbook to see sample pages.
The GD&T Workbook enhances student skills by
providing practice on each concept from our fundamentals of GD&T
course. Questions refer to content in the Fundamentals of GD&T textbook, and are designed to let you gain practice using GD&T in the same manner you would on the job. Drawings include adaptors, retainers, shafts, plates, pulleys, housings, and more.
Click on the pages to take a look inside the book.
The Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Workbook can be used:
- As a companion to the Fundamentals of GD&T textbook
- During workshops for practice at the end of each lesson
- After class to practice newly learned concepts
- Anytime you need to review and brush up on GD&T skills
- As a companion to the GD&T Trainer computer-based training
- As a companion to ETI’s Fundamentals of GD&T web-based training
This book is a valuable tool for: Designers; product, manufacturing,
and quality engineers; CMM operators; checkers
Skill level needed: Student should have taken ETI's Engineering Drawing Requirements course or have a basic understanding of engineering drawings.
Product highlights: The GD&T Workbook is the perfect companion to ETI’s Fundamentals of GD&T textbook. It reinforces the goals and objectives taught in the book as you work through more than 450 practice problems. You’ll gain experience with typical industrial engineering drawings as you learn to apply GD&T concepts through questions that apply specifically to the drawings. Every
goal and objective in the Fundamentals of GD&T textbook is covered
in this incisive student workbook, making it the perfect supplement
for classroom instruction. Exercise questions cover:
• Interpreting Engineering Drawings
• Understanding Why GD&T is Superior to Coordinate Tolerancing
• Recognizing Key Terms
• Identifying Modifiers and Symbols Used in GD&T
• Understanding Rules #1 and #2
• Recognizing GD&T Concepts
• Interpreting Flatness, Straightness, Circularity, and Cylindricity
• Specifying and Interpreting Planar Datums, Datum Targets, and Size Datums (RFS and MMC)
• Interpreting Perpendicularity, Angularity, Parallelism, and Position (RFS/MMC/LMC)
• Drawing Cartoon Gages
• Interpreting Tolerance of Position Special Applications
• Calculating Part Distances and Fastener Formulas
• Interpreting Concentricity, Symmetry, Circular Runout, Total Runout
• Interpreting Profile Tolerancing, Profile of a Surface, and Profile of a Line
Package includes: Workbook with actual
part drawings to use when answering questions about geometric controls,
so students gain realistic experience with industry drawings.
Format: The student workbook includes 28 sections with over 450 practice problems that help you learn the terms, symbols, modifiers, rules, and basic concepts of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing as prescribed by ASME Y14.5M-1994.
- About Ordering This Product
- After clicking the order button, you'll be redirected to the SAE International customer portal for final payment. New SAE customer registration is required.
- To order by telephone, contact SAE International Customer Service at 1.877.606.7323 (U.S. and Canada only) or 1.724.776.4970 (Outside U.S. and Canada).
- Effective Training Inc. (ETI) is an SAE International company.